I need a fix.
Pitchers and catchers reported today and I'm itching for Spring Training baseball.
Last night I watched the first three hours of Ken Burn's definitive, 18-and-a-half hour-long "Baseball." Before that it was "Major League" (I and II), "Moneyball" and "A League of Their Own." And tonight, before I left the house, I preloaded the DVD player with "Bull Durham."
Except a movie isn't baseball, it's methadone. And I'm a junkie.
Unable to cure my condition, I spent some time last week going through last season's Aces photos. This helped a little and because I know I'm not the only one jonesing, I decided to share a few of my favorites. Enjoy. And remember, it's only ten days 'til Florida State opens the exhibition season.
|Evan Frey's game-winner.|
|Angel Berroa. Bazooka Joe.|
|Andy Tracy. Safe.|
|Collin Cowgill strikes out.|
|Skipper, in the clubhouse, after the Aces clinched their first Pacific Coast League playoff berth.|
And here's a few that almost but didn't make the cut:
- Gabby Hernandez—you'll understand.
- BA: a fun outtake from media day.
- Our ballpark is prettier than your ballpark.
- Cody: .317 BA, 27 HR, 92 RBI.
- Pitcher's got a pink glove.
- A trebuchet at the ballpark? First pitch? Yes, please.
- Some unfortunate signage.
- Reno native Kevin Jepsen. I got a hit off of off him in high school. It's my greatest athletic achievement. And I once ate "The Earthquake" at Swensen's.
- And of course, the lovely and talented Tina.